Last Monday I began a look back at a little over a year of Mandala Monday (MM) posts. This week, I’ll share a few more of my favorites.
7. As I said in #6 last week, I spent several weeks playing with flowers and mandalas. Before I started looking back through this year, I had completely forgotten about this particular mandala but couldn’t resist including it with my favorites. It was the result of a good deal of experimentation and play where I just kept progressively building upon an image and it’s resulting mandalas, One Last Tulip Trial. It doesn’t have as close a touch with the original as many of the mandalas do. You can just barely discern that it began as tulips, but I just love the bright colors.
8. In the Blueberries was a real surprise to me. I did it sort of tongue in cheek, not really expecting anything spectacular from mandalas of blueberries, but those mandalas seemed to touch people in ways I hadn’t imagined.
9. After 7 or 8 months of my regular mandala practice I began to see all sorts of possibilities for mandalas. An evening in front of our outdoor fireplace inspired two weeks of fire mandalas, On Fire and More Fire.
10. Mystery Mandalas had everyone guessing but no one knowing what the source image was. I’d been “playing with my food” on a recent retreat weekend with 2 other photographers and a macro image of a red onion resulted in some richly colored and patterned mandalas.
11. Two separate posts were about existing mandalas that I happened upon: Found Mandalas and Gifts.
12. Into the Forest had some light airy mandalas that, to me, had a very magical quality to them and to which many people responded.
That’s just a bit of the highlights of Mandala Mondays. Have I left out your favorite? Let me know in the comments if I have.
I’m excited to see what this next year will bring, not only in mandalas but in all things creative. May 2014 be a creative year for you!
Leave A Comment